Ripon District profile
Features of the District
|Location:||Ripon District is a rural electorate located north-west of Melbourne.|
|Area:||16,761 square kilometres.|
|Towns:||Ararat, Avoca, Bealiba, Beaufort, Bridgewater on Loddon, Buangor, Cardigan, Carisbrook, Charlton, Clunes, Creswick, Donald, Dunolly, Eddington, Elmhurst, Glenorchy, Great Western, Inglewood, Landsborough, Lexton, Lucas, Marnoo, Maryborough, Miners Rest, Moonambel, Newbridge, Snake Valley, St Arnaud, Stawell, Stuart Mill, Talbot, Tarnagulla and Wedderburn.|
|Features:||The District is a centre of agriculture, wine making, timber industries, manufacturing, wool production, paper milling, knitting mills and tourism. Natural features include the Pyrenees Ranges, Mt Langi Ghiran and Kooyoora State Park.|
|Western Victoria Region|
Louise Staley – Liberal
- Party Liberal Party
- House Legislative Assembly
- Electorate Office
- Street Address 177 High Street, Maryborough, VIC 3465
- Postal Address PO Box 175, Maryborough, VIC 3465
- Phone (03) 5461 1255
- Fax (03) 5461 1631
- Name Louise Eileen Staley
- Personal Born 09 August 1965
- Birth Country Australia
- Memberships Liberal Party 1984-.
- Korowa Anglican Girls School 1982. BA 1987 (Melb). PGDipAppFin 1989 (Securities Institute). PGDipFin 1993 (Melb). CFA (CFA Institute USA) 1995; MPubPol 2004 (Flin).
- Portfolio Manager and Industrial Analyst, AXA Australia 1986-2000. Deputy Chair, Australian Film Commission 1998-2002. Director, Australian Institute of Family Studies 1998-2003. Director, Food & Enviroment Unit, Institute of Public Affairs 2005-14. Director, Fed Square Pty Ltd 2011-14. Director, Grampians Medicare Local 2012-14. Director, Networking Health Victoria 2013-14. Farmer, Brenley Farm since 2005.
- Parliamentary Service
- Elected MLA for Ripon November 2014
- Party Positions
- State Vice President 1996-2000. Administrative Cttee 1994-2000. State Finance Cttee 2000-03. State Council Delegate 1986-2014.
Last updated: June 10th, 2015